Are you ready to get started with Cricut Explore Air 2? The setup process is quite simple; anyone with basic computer knowledge can do the setup easily in less than a minute. The Cricut Explore Air 2 machine is an ideal fit for all kinds of crafters, including those who want to use the machine for hobbies. Also, the machine is highly in demand on the market. Even though its latest version, Cricut Explore 3, has been released, people still prefer to use the Cricut Explore Air 2 as it can offer what people need.
Moreover, the setup requires Cricut Design Space, which needs to be downloaded on your computer and mobile device. The best part about this software is that it supports all devices, such as Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. So, the blog will discuss how to setup Cricut Explore Air 2 on a computer and mobile device.
We need the Cricut software to use the Cricut machine and set it up with your devices. Therefore, we are providing a few steps below to download the Design Space on both Windows and Mac.
Here are the steps to download the Cricut software on a Windows computer:
- Go to the browser on your computer and search for design.cricut.com.
- On the page, you will have to hit the Download button.
- After downloading, you will need to double-click the file that you have downloaded. You can easily find them in your Downloads folder.
- If a Windows computer asks something like whether you trust the application. Then, click on Yes to proceed.
- Finally, installation will start.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Cricut Account.
Here are the steps to download the Design Space on a Mac computer:
- Open any browser you are using on your Mac computer and then search design.cricut.com on your search bar.
- Then, click on the green Download tab.
- Once you have finished downloading, you can proceed to install the app.
- Next, you have to drag the Cricut icon and add it to the Applications folder icon. You can refer to the picture below for a better understanding.
- Further, you will need to launch the app and sign in using your Cricut ID.
How to Download Cricut Design Space on a Mobile Device?
As we discussed, Design Space is compatible with mobile devices. Hence, we will now learn to download the Cricut app, and then we will move to learn how to setup Cricut Explore Air 2 on a computer and mobile device. Let’s first download the app.
Below are the steps to download the Cricut app on Android:
- On your Android phone, open the Play Store app and search Cricut Design Space.
- You will see the app with a green C icon.
- Then, hit the Install button to get it on your Android phone.
- Once you have done the installation, you will see the app on your home screen.
- Now, open the app and sign in to your Cricut account.
How to Setup Cricut Explore Air 2 on a Computer?
Setting up the Explore Air 2 is a manageable task, but you will enjoy doing this. Let’s have a look at the step-by-step instructions to set up the Explore Air 2 on a Computer. The following instructions are appropriate for computers such as Windows and Mac.
- First of all, you have to plug all the wires, including power cables, into the correct ports.
- Then, you have to Connect the Explore Air 2 via a USB cord or Bluetooth.
- Then, open the software and follow all the steps given on the app to set up the machine.
- While following the instructions, you may be asked to create an account. If you have already created it, then sign in and start setup.
- Finally, after setup, you will need to perform a test cut as per the screen prompts.
iOS or Android users also need to set up their Cricut machine. For this, they can follow the steps given below:
- For the first step, you will need to plug in the machine to the power source.
- Once you have switched on the machine, pair your Explore Air 2 with your Android or iOS.
- As you have already downloaded the app, now you need to open it.
- After launching the software, you can sign in or create the Cricut ID.
- On the app, you have to find the option Machine Setup.
- Afterward, find the machine model and select it.
- You have to follow the steps given on the screen to finish the setup.
- Finally, the commands on the screen will ask you to do a test cut. Hence, your setup is complete.
In short, we explained how to setup Cricut Explore Air 2 on different devices, such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Cricut Design Space is the most helpful tool, and we can’t set up any Cricut machine without this app. Therefore, we explain the steps to download and install the Design Space on both computer and mobile devices for each different operating system. Afterward, we proceeded with the setup of Explore Air 2.
Answer: The Cricut Design Space is a companion software that is used with all Cricut machines. However, it is compatible with various devices, including Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows computers. Hence, the software is not limited to only Explore Air 2 but is compatible with all Cricut machines.
Answer: If you are facing an issue with connecting your computer with Explore Air 2, then it can be associated with your USB cable or port. In order to solve this issue, you can try different cables or ports. On the other hand, if you are facing a device compatibility issue, then make sure your device meets all the minimum system requirements to use the Design Space software.
Answer: To connect your Explore Air 2 via Bluetooth, you must download the Cricut software on your computer. Afterward, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Settings.
- Then, go to the Bluetooth & Other Devices option.
- After that, click on the Add a Device tab.
- On the next window, you will need to select the option Bluetooth.
- Further, you will see the nearby devices, but find your Explore Air 2.
- Once found, select it and then pair your machine with your computer.