You need a device to run the Cricut machine, whether a laptop or a phone, since the Cricut is operated by software named Design Space which doesn’t work on every device. This software is necessary for Cricut to perform all the functions.
In this blog, we will discuss the laptop requirements for Cricut in detail and all the technical queries one has. The major query everyone has when using Design Space is, shall I use it on my computer or phone? So let us first answer your question.
Read more...Cricut explore air 2 setup
You will need a communication device to send commands to your Cricut machine. You can communicate with your Cricut machine via phone or computer. Now in today’s time, everyone has a mobile phone in their pocket, so it is so much accessible to everyone, and it is the most asked question, why do I need a computer when I can connect my Cricut machine via my phone?
The answer is that all the functionalities cannot be performed via your phone kerning or offset, and even you can’t use the foil tool or knife blade. If you want to use all the functionalities of your Cricut machine, you should use a Computer to connect to Cricut.
Now we have discussed why having a computer will help you work better in Cricut, the now next thing is, what computer do you need? Don’t worry; we will clear all your doubts at the end of this blog.
Many people make a mistake in buying a Chromebook because it is inexpensive compared to the price of a laptop or a computer. But many people don’t know that Cricut doesn’t work with Chromebooks. So, the following is the minimum requirement you need in a windows computer for using Cricut:
- Your system must have Windows 8 or a later version with the latest updates. Note that you need a Windows 10 version (at least 64-bit) for the offset function to work.
- You need a minimum of a dual-core or an equivalent processor to ensure your computer has enough processing speed to keep up with your workflow in Cricut Design Space.
- A minimum of 4 GB of RAM in your Computer.
- You need a minimum of 2GB free storage in your computer to save your project files, even though it all depends upon your work, and you may need even more if you have large projects. Opt for the cloud storage space offered in the Cricut Design Space if you don’t have the storage capacity in your computer.
- You need either a USB port in your Computer or Bluetooth connectivity. We recommend that your computer both have a backup if there is any issue connecting with one.
- You need a minimum of 1024 x 768 screen resolution to work on your projects.
- A strong, uninterrupted internet connection is also mandatory for the Design Space since Design Space cannot work offline.
Here is the following minimum laptop requirement you should have if you’re using a Mac:
- You need a 10.15 version of macOS to run the Cricut Design Space. You will need the latest macOS version if you want to use the offset functionality.
- Your minimum CPU must be 1.83 gigahertz.
- You must have 4 GB of RAM in your mac and a minimum of 2GB of free storage. If you lack enough storage space, you can opt for Cricut Design Space Cloud Storage.
- The minimum display resolution should be 1024 x 768 pixels.
- And last but not least, a stable internet connection as the Design Space can only work with an internet connection.
As you can also use the Cricut machine with your phone and tablet, here is the list of minimum requirements your device must fulfill:
- For IOS devices, you need iOS 12 or later, and for Android, you need Android 8.0 or later versions.
- You can check your device compatibility by going to Cricut’s official website.
In this blog, we have talked about the minimum laptop requirements for Cricut. We hope we cleared your doubts and discussed minimum system requirements for Mac, Windows, and tablets/phones. If you want to know our recommended list of laptops, Windows, and Mac, read our frequently asked questions below.
Following is the list of the best laptops(mac/windows) for your Cricut use:
- Acer Aspire 5
- MacBook Air M1, 2020
- Microsoft Surface Book
- Dell XPS 15
- Asus Zenbook Pro 14 Duo OLED 2022
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3i
- MacBook Pro 14 inches M1 2021.
- Asus Vivobook S14
Design Space is compatible with mac and windows operating systems. You can use the design space in your phone (iOS & Android) via the Design Space app. The Cricut Design Space is incompatible with the Chromebook because it runs on Chrome OS.
The minimum computer specs you need for using the Cricut machine on your computer are as follows:
- Windows Operating System 10 or later
- Your PC must have a USB port to connect or a Bluetooth connection.
- PC must have a minimum of 4 GB of RAM storage.
- Minimum display resolution of 1024 x 768 px screen resolution.
- Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor.
- Minimum 2 GB of free disk space.
No, you can’t use Design Space software and the Cricut machine on your Chromebook because the Chrome OS used in Chromebook is not supported for Design Space. You can use phones and computers instead.
SOURCE: Laptop Requirements For Cricut