Congratulations! If you have got yourself a new Cricut machine and are ready to start your crafting journey, then this blog will tell you how to properly get started with your machine. Also, this post is gonna benefit even if you are still planning to get a new machine. As a result, there will be no need to seek help. Like any other machine, Cricut machines also require setup in order to start using them. The Cricut heat press devices are easy to use, and they do not need to connect to any device. But for cutting machines, you have to connect them to a computer or smartphone device through the brand's Cricut Design Space app. So, get through the whole content to acquire the necessary guidance on how to connect Cricut to computer (Windows/Mac).
If you want to know how to connect cricut to computer then the first process is connecting it to your computer via Bluetooth. Here is the process to do the Cricut machine Bluetooth pairing on Windows and Mac.
- Initially, access the Settings window on your Windows device.
- After that, you need to click on the Devices option in the Settings widow.
- On the next page, enable the Bluetooth option and then select Add Bluetooth or other device.
- And then select the Bluetooth option, and your device will search for the Cricut machine you are using.
- Click on the model number of the Cricut machine you are using.
- Afterward, the Bluetooth pairing of both devices will be complete.
- Now, the machine will be ready to set up on your Windows device via the Cricut Design Space app.
- Turn on the Cricut machine and then keep the device near your Mac.
- Then, open the System Preferences window from the Apple menu.
- Now, in the open window, click on the Bluetooth option.
- Next, check if the Bluetooth is ON and then choose your Cricut machine from the available list of devices.
- If you are asked to enter a PIN code, then enter 0000 in the field.
- Lastly, the Bluetooth pairing of your Cricut cutting machine and Mac system will be complete.
Note: Besides Bluetooth pairing both devices, you can use a USB cable provided with the machine box. Also, devices do not have a USB port, so you can use the adaptor to connect the cable.
Once the Bluetooth pairing of your Cricut machine and Windows device is complete, you can move to the next and final steps of connection. Here are the points you should follow.
- In the beginning, browse the official website of Cricut on PC.
- Next, move to the Cricut Design Space page and click on the Download option. (If the downloaded option is greyed out, then click in the checkbox of the brand's Terms and Conditions).
- Once the app download is complete, click on the setup file in the browser. It will be located on the lower right side of the screen. (or move to the Downloads folder to open the downloaded file).
- If a window opens to ask if you want to open the recently downloaded application, then select the Yes option to move forward.
- Now, the download process will start, and the progress will show up on a pop-up.
- When the installation is finished, the Cricut Design Space will ask you to enter Cricut ID details to sign in.
- Sign in to your account using the Cricut details on creating a new account by choosing "Create a Cricut ID" under the (Don't have an account yet?) option.
- After signing in with your account, the app will ask you to connect to the Cricut machine.
- Connect the Cricut machine you want to use to the Cricut app.
- Finally, the connection (setup) process will be complete.
If you are having any issues in the connection process of your machine, then repeat the process once again more carefully. For additional help, connect to the customer support team to get help.
If you are a Mac device user, then follow the below procedure to know the correct steps of how to connect cricut to computer (Mac).
- For the first, open the Cricut website and choose the Download option for Cricut Design Space.
- Then the download will be complete, and after the downloaded .dmg file. (Other than that, access the file from the Downloads folder).
- In order to start the installation process, move the Cricut icon to the Applications folder by dragging it.
- After that, you can launch the app by clicking on the Cricut icon in the Applications folder.
- A Mac notice will prompt on the screen asking you if you want to open the app; select the Open option to move forward.
- On the sign-in window, enter the Cricut ID and password or create a new one if you do not have one.
- Lastly, connect the Cricut machine and then start using it to create amazing DIY projects.
The following steps will help you connect your Cricut machine to Mac devices.
- First, you have to connect the Cricut machine to the wall outlet to turn it on.
- After that, connect the machine to your Mac device via Bluetooth or USB cable.
- Next, open the Cricut website, and from there, download the Cricut app.
- When the app install is complete, sign in with your Cricut account.
- Connect the Cricut machine to the app by choosing the New Machine Setup option.
- Now, the connection process will be complete.
If you are trying to connect a Cricut heat press device to your computer, then there is no need for that. Cricut heat presses work independently except EasyPress 3, which works with the Cricut Heat App. If you are having problems with cutting machines, then follow the steps carefully: make sure the computer is compatible with the machine, update the OS on your computer, make sure you have an internet connection, and seek professional help if necessary.
Cricut cutting machines need to connect to a device, be it a computer or a smartphone. The machine works with the companion app that helps in completing the project and operating the machine. As a result, if you do not connect the machine to your computer (or mobile phone), you will not be able to perform your crafting jobs. So, in short, it is not necessary to connect the Cricut machine to the computer, but you must connect it to any other device.