The Cricut machine, a favorite of crafters and designers, is a smart cutting device capable of handling a variety of materials. Explore the process of setting up your Cricut machine with a Mac computer. Learn how to navigate cricut.com setup Mac, connecting the machine via wireless Bluetooth and a USB cable for smooth DIY crafting projects. Get ready to start on your creative journey!
A Cricut device comes with a built-in Bluetooth adapter. And by using Bluetooth, you will be able to pair it with a Mac. Let us know the steps involved in this process.
- The first step is to check if the Cricut machine is on and then keep it between a distance of 10-15 ft from the Mac pc.
- After switching on the computer, you need to open the Apple Menu.
- Now, from the Menu, go to the System Preferences.
- Once the preferences window opens, you must look for a Bluetooth option.
- Here, ensure that the Apple computer's Bluetooth is ON.
- After that, choose the option that says Select your Cricut machine from the list of available devices.
- Now, your Cricut machine is paired with your Mac computer.
- Finally, open the Design Space, and it should show the machine is connected.
You can use a USB cable if Bluetooth does not support your computer or you want a more stable connection. The cable is included with the machine at the time of purchase.
- First, connect the USB end of the cable to your Mac computer and the other to the Cricut machine.
- You will find the port at the back of the Cricut machine.
- Now, connect the device to the power supply.
- Once the device is on, you will see that the white light is lit up.
- Finally, after you open the Design Space, it should show that the machine is connected.
After connecting the machine, you must visit cricut.com setup Mac, and download the Design Space. Let us see how to download and install it.
- First, you need to open the Safari browser to download the setup.
- Next, type design.cricut.com in the search bar and press Enter.
- Now, the browser will open the Cricut official site from where you can download the setup.
- Here, select the Download option.
- Once the download begins, the screen might look different.
- After downloading the file, open the downloads folder and select the .dmg file.
- Next, you need to drag the Cricut icon to the Applications folder icon. This step begins the installation of the Design Space.
- Once the software is installed, its icon will be automatically added to Mac's Applications folder.
- Now, you need to launch the Design Space.
- Once the software opens, it will ask you to log in with your Cricut ID, or if it is your first time, you need to create one.
- To a new account of Cricut, select the option Create a Cricut ID. Later, follow the instructions and make your account.
A Cricut machine can be connected to your Mac computer using wireless and USB cables. Also, it needs Design Space which you can download by visiting cricut.com setup Mac. It is important to download the software as it helps you to communicate with the machine. Further, the setup and connection process is easy to follow. That's why Cricut machines are also user-friendly.
Cricut allows you to use the machine even from an iOS device. You must first install the Design Space app on your iPhone to use the machine. First, go to the App Store, and search for Design Space. Now, install the app on your iPhone by typing your iTunes password. After installing the app, open it and sign in with your Cricut ID. Finally, you will be prompted to design and work with the machine.
Cricut machines can be used even without having an internet connection. You can design and cut projects offline. To use the Design Space offline, you must first download the content on your device. Using this downloaded content, you can design and cut with the machine offline. That's why crafters prefer Cricut, as it makes sure you can work without facing any restrictions.
To uninstall the Design Space, open the Finder and go to the Applications folder. Next, look for the Cricut Design Space application and drag it to the Trash folder. Further, open the Trash window and select the Empty Trash option. Finally, the computer will notify you that it will permanently erase the items. You need to confirm it. Now, your Design Space is uninstalled from your Mac.